There are two foodie things I especially love about fall .... caramel apples and almost anything PUMPKIN!
So when we received our shipment of Muirhead's Pumpkin Pecan Butter in the other day I quickly squirreled away a jar to take home. Of course I justified that to myself by promising to share half of my squares with the shop for sampling ( I did that and they lasted about 10 minutes... you've got to be quick around home made treats at moxie).
Here's a little pictorial followed by the recipe.
* one box yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup)
* mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 lg egg
* press lightly into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan
* mix 1 jar Muirhead pumpkin pecan butter with 2 lg eggs and 1/8 cup milk
* pour over cake mixture
* mix 1 cup reserved cake mix, 1 Tbsp flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup soft butter & 1tsp Cinn.
* mix and crumble
* spread over the top of the pumpkin layer
* bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly golden
*** call some friends over so you don't eat the whole pan yourself!!